RSD DROPS 2020 ALL
A-side is the first new material in 20 years from indie rock icons Archers of Loaf with a cover of "Street Fighting Man" originally recorded by The Rolling Stones on B-side.
"Raleigh Days"/"Street Fighting Man"
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
Limited edition companion to Mikal Cronin's 2019 Seeker album, Switched-On Seeker is a completely synth-based, full-length reworking of Seeker in the vein of Wendy Carlos' "Switched-On" series.
“Shelter”|”Show Me”|”Feel It All”|”Fire”|”Sold”|”I've Got”|”Reason”|”Caravan”|”Guardian Well”|”Lost a Year”|”On the Shelf”
40th Anniversary Edition of The Cure's second studio album Seventeen Seconds, featuring their first UK top 40 single "A Forest". Pressed on picture disc for the first time, exclusively for Record Store Day 2020
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
In May 2002, Disney pulled the plug on Mammoth Records just weeks before the June 25th release date of John Wesley Harding's The Man with No Shadow. No more than 300 hundred journalists received advance CDs of Harding's new record, while only a handful of radio stations received the single "Negative Love'. No other physical copies existed. Over the years those advance CDs have fetched untold hundreds of dollars from an eager fan base in search of Wes' great 'lost" album. Though many - but not all - of the songs ended up on 2004's Adam's Apple (DRT Records), which All Music Guide called 'the finest album of his career', those that did make the cut were in a jumbled running order. The album has never previously been released on vinyl. The Man With No Shadow First Edition restores the album to Wes's original vision. The audio has been remastered from the original tapes, and the package includes cover art from the original sessions and extensive liner notes. The CD package includes the original album plus a bonus unheard band demos and studio outtakes, all previously unreleased.
1. Nothing At All 2. Negative Love 3. Monkey and his Cat 4. Sleeper, Awake 5. Hard 6. Pull 7. Sussex Ghost Story 8. It Stays 9. When You Smile 10. Sluts 11. She Never Talks 12. Already Dead 13. Protest Protest Protest (from Adam's Apple) 14. Slippery Slide to Bliss (Out-take) 15. Sluts (Demo) 16. Negative Love (Demo) 17. Monkey and his Cat (Demo) 18. Sleeper, Awake (Demo)
NC folk rockers Hiss Golden Messenger re-record two of their original songs, "Cat's Eye Blue" (from their critically acclaimed 2019 album Terms of Surrender) "Standing in the Doorway" (a 2017 digital-only single) at Spacebomb Studios in Richmond VA, with contributions from their in-house orchestra. The latest in the Alive at Spacebomb Studios series.
“Cat’s Eye Blue”/”Standing In The Doorway”
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
Brand new studio record of all new original material from Hall of Famer Pete Krebs. Recorded with his all-electric band The Gossamer Wings. These new songs are in line with the other two records from this line up I Know It By Heart and Sweet Ona Rose. Highly anticipated new record from internationally recognized singer-songwriter Pete Krebs.
MP3 Album: $5.99 Download
The Weeknd's No. 1 album My Dear Melancholy, available for the first time ever on vinyl. The six songs from this project, including the hit single "Call Out My Name" are featured on Side A of the 180-gram vinyl. Side B features an etched design to make this record a true collector's item.
1. Call Out My Name 2.Try Me 3. Wasted Times 4. I Was Never There 5. Hurt You 6. Privilege
The Palace at 3AM is the first (and only) collaboration between the late Jay Bennett and his songwriting partner, Edward Burch. After fronting Minneapolis legends Titanic Love Affair from 1994-2001 Bennett was a key member of the band Wilco, often co-writing songs on the band's early releases with Jeff Tweedy. The power struggle was well documented in the Wilco documentary I Am Trying To Break Your Heart in which Bennett was fired as the cameras rolled. The band was working on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot at the time. Bennett immediately teamed up with Burch and The Palace at 4am was released on the same street date in 2002 as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Hardcore Wilco fans loved the release and immediately started making comparisons on who was the real 'genius' of Wilco, Bennett or Tweedy. Bennett passed away suddenly in 2009 and with the blessings of his family, ten years after his death Schoolkids Records has teamed up with Edward Burch to release The Palace at 4am for the first time ever on vinyl for RSD 2020. The album also includes the track "My Darlin'" which was also on Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, re-recorded by Bennett for this release. Limited edition cloudy clear vinyl, 2xLP gatefold. Download card included
1. Puzzle Heart 2. Talk to Me 3. Whispers or Screams 4. Shakin' Sugar 5. C.T.M. 6. Drinking on Your Dime 7. My Darlin' 8. No Church Tonite 9. Fireworks 10. Forgiven 11. Like a Photograph 12. Venus Stopped the Train 130 California 14. Little White Cottage 15. It Hurts
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
Nightjar is the eighth studio album from Marty Willson-Piper (The Church, All About Eve, Noctorum), originally released in 2008. Considered by many fans to be the best record of MWP's career, this will be the first time it has ever been released on vinyl. Pressed on limited edition red vinyl with new artwork design on inside gatefold. Download card included.
A new project from MWP, Moat, will have a new album called Poison Stream in June 2020.
1. No One There 2. More is Less 3. Lullaby for the Lonely 4. The Sniper 5. Feed Your Mind 6. High Down Below 7. I Must’ve Fallen 8. The Love You Never Had 9. Song for Victor Jara 10. A Game for Losers
MP3 Album: $1.79 Download
Athens, Georgia instrumental college rock staples Love Tractor return with their original line up to rework early tracks for this RSD 7" with help from Doug Stanley & Joe Rowe of the Glands, Bill Berry of R.E.M., and with David Barbe and Jeff Calder holding down the studio. Two reworked originals to lead into their full catalog reissue series that kicks off in mid-2020.
“60 Degrees and Sunny” / “FEST-ivals”
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”
Tres Vampires is a trio of darkly romantic, timeless, otherworldly passion ballads the likes of which are only heard every 1000 years, or when the vampires rise. If you're listening. David J (Bauhaus, Love & Rockets), rarely seen in the daytime, and Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde) collaborate as the duet of your darkest dreams on these dusty 2009 recordings, unearthed from an old crypt in the French Quarter used for storage of various rarities and artifacts. These familiar voices are already Halloween staples wherever vampires are known to congregate, so these three “lost” tracks are sure to become new - yet oddly old and familiar - Goth classics. Instruments performed and recorded by Shok, Los Angeles Multi-Instrumentalist Producer & DJ (Red Light District / Zeitmahl). Limited edition blood red vinyl, download card included
1. Take You Deep 2. Blood Bound 3. Voyage Of The Damned