CD / Digital
Sparks Lane (2004)
Offer The Light (2006)
Honey Mink Forever (2011)
w/ MOAT (2013)
Marty Willson-Piper is an English guitarist/musician/songwriter who has multiple solo records in his career and is also known for his contributions in bands such as: The Saints, All About Eve, the church, Moat, Noctorum, Acres of Space and Anekdoten.
Marty is also the founder and curater of the Indeep Music Archive, an eclectic collection of music in many forms. An avid music collector, Willson-Piper established this entity as an historical and contemporary library of all available physical formats - Vinyl, CD, Cassette, Reel to Reel tape, 8 Track, 78RPM, VHS, DVD, Laser discs, reference books, encyclopedias, catalogues, biographies and magazines. The archive's digital presence is manifested on the In Deep Music Archive website with regular posts about both popular and more obscure artists included in the collection. Collected by Marty Willson-Piper over the past 50 years, the archive has grown into this wonderful collection through a life of scouring the record stores around the world, but also through generous donations from friends, fans and record labels alike. Any funding goes directly towards either running costs or increasing the content. His ambition for the archive is to create a musical culture centre with a small venue, that will also be used for music lessons and workshops and as a meeting place for music lovers in a unique atmosphere. Access to the archive will be available to the public in some form yet to be determined.
Willson-Piper was also featured in Amoeba Music series "What's In My Bag" in 2011, an extremely entertaining video that highlights Marty's vast knowledge and passion for records. It can be seen below.
- In Reflection – Um & Ah Records (UM-7) (1987)
- Art Attack – Survival Records (462450.1) (1988) (Rykodisc CD 20042 includes 6 bonus tracks from In Reflection). Personnel include Ann Carlberger, Andy Mason, David Leone, Barton Price (from Australian band Models), Martin Rössel.
- Rhyme – Festival Records (L 30346) (1989) (Rykodisc CD RCD 10114). Personnel include Andy Mason and Christian Falk.
- Spirit Level (1992) (Rykodisc CD 10197). Personnel include Sebastian Oberg, Andres Herneston, Ann Carlberger and others.
- Hanging Out in Heaven – Heyday Records (HEY 046) (2000).
- Nightjar – Second Motion (Schoolkids) (2008)
- "Hanging Out In Heaven" to be reissued in 2016 on coloured double vinyl with bonus tracks.
Singles and EPs
- She's King (1988). Tracks: Official release tracks: 'She's King' 3:37; 'Listen/Space' 5:00; 'Frightened Just Because of You' 2:54. (The first two tracks are as included on the Art Attack album; 'Frightened Just because of You' is here an alternate version). The USA-only Ryko Records RBD-0423 radio promo version of the e.p. featured 'She's King'; 'Too Round to Be Square'; and 'On the Tip of My Tongue' (which are all from Art Attack).
- On the Tip of My Tongue (1988) (from Art Attack)
- Questions Without Answers (1989) (from Rhyme)
- Melancholy Girl (1989) (from Rhyme)
- Luscious Ghost e.p. (1992). Tracks: 'Luscious Ghost' (5:05) (from Spirit level); 'In Circles' 3:34; Luscious Ghost (unfinished version) 4:52
- I Can't Cry (1992) (from Spirit Level)
- Pegasus e.p. (2008) (from Nightjar)
- Live at the Fine Line Cafe – Heyday Records (2000) Recorded live at The Fine Line Cafe, Minneapolis, Minnesota on 15 February 1990.
Tracks: St. Germain/Frightened Just Because of You/Water/Melody of the Rain/I Can't Cry/10,000 Miles/You Whisper/Questions Without Answers/Time Is Imaginary/To Where I Am Now/On The Tip Of My Tongue/Here Come the Tears.
- Live At The Knitting Factory – Heyday Records (2000)
Tracks: I Know I Won't/She's King/You Whisper/Time Is Imaginary/St Germaine/The Air Between Us/Say/Evil Queen Of England/10,000 Miles/Spark
- Live From The Other Side – Um & Ah Records (UM-22) (2004) Recorded live in 2003 at the Sandringham Hotel, Newtown, Sydney.
- Seeing Stars (1997). This sole eponymous album is essentially by the band All About Eve, minus their vocalist Julianne Regan.
- Sparks Lane (2004)
- Offer the Light (2006)
- Honey Mink Forever (2011)
- Moat – Moat ( 2013 )
- Sweet Gum Tree – The Snakes You Charm and the Wolves You Tame (2014)
- Anekdoten – Until All The Ghosts Are Gone (2015)